Business AnalystApply Now Draper, UT
We’re looking for a Business Analyst in our Draper, Utah office. The Business Analyst position is a cross-functional role on the IT team that reports to a Director or Senior Director within the technology group. The Business Analyst is the single point of contact and responsible for all product documentation activities pertaining to problem, solution, requirement gathering, mock ups, and rollout plans.
What You'll Do:
- Extensive data analysis to identify & develop key performance indicators (KPI) to predict and improve system performance, discover anomalies in system behavior, and perform trending analysis to measure behavior over time using SQL Server, Excel, and other data mining tools.
- Analyze and improve end to end monitoring, performance, support tools for all the systems in the enterprise.
- Analyze technical, business process, and data processing problems and engineer solutions by designing new software based on technologies like Microsoft .Net C#, HTML, Web Services using REST or SOAP API, Relational Databases like Microsoft SQL Server, Client/Server system architectures, Data Reporting, Secure-FTP, and integration with third-party applications using a variety of proprietary methods.
- Define and document functional & non-functional requirements, business process maps ("As-Is/To be" flows), mock-ups, use cases for requirements gathering and prototyping using Balsamiq, Visio and to create agile user stories and acceptance criteria. Verify quality of developed features through testing, code reviews, and end-user Show & Tell sessions.
- Estimate work effort at project milestones for business analysis activities with progressively improved variance to actual effort as scope and requirements are refined. Coordinate multiple small to large projects in an Agile cross-functional environment leveraging Scrum, business analysis, and project management techniques.
- Analyze and evaluate internal vs. third-party software and develop formal recommendation proposals.
- Own the relationship and serve as the liaison between the functional and technical requirements as well as the execution of those requirements in the deliverables.
- Work with the technical and business teams to prepare the quality assurance testing plans and validation of the sprint goals
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Relevant experience as a trusted technology advisor to senior business leaders and key decision makers
- Hands-on experience in, but not limited to one or more of the following business areas: eCommerce, Order Management, Payment Processing, Back Office Systems, and/or Business Process Re-Engineering or Development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Three or more years’ experience in the fields of Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, or Software Development
- Three or more years’ experience working with business leaders, customers, and end users on a daily/weekly basis
- Three or more years working in a small team environment
- Three or more years’ experience in formal Project Management methodologies like, agile or scrum
- Strong work ethic and high initiative
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks
- You’re innovative, creative, and constantly looking for ways to deliver
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation with Monthly Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s Inc. [NYSE: AAN], is a steadily growing company, already surpassing $1B in revenue. Our scalable customer payment software products provides lease-purchase technology solutions through 16,000+ retail locations in 46 states.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test