Corporate CounselApply Now Draper, UT
Progressive is seeking a motivated entry-level attorney with up to two years of experience to join our legal team. We are seeking someone who is confident, professional, well-spoken, proactive in his/her approach, and has the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously. The role may negotiate a variety of commercial agreements and may also provide the company additional legal support as requested. Assignments may include: researching and disseminating information related to relevant legal issues, reviewing and reporting on contract obligations, and preparing for and attending meetings with vendors and sales partners.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, review and negotiate contractual arrangements on behalf of Progressive
- Advise senior members of our legal team on all aspects of commercial transactions, as well as various laws and regulations affecting the company's businesses
- Seamlessly collaborate cross-functionally with business partners to understand requirements and ensure consistency of agreement terms with the company’s business, financial, and risk management objectives
- Assist in the development and implementation of company contract policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Conduct legal research and draft legal memorandums to support relevant business activities
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- JD from accredited law school and bar admission
- 1-3 years of combined law firm and in-house legal department work experience, preferably focused on negotiation of sales or vendor transactions
- Experience communicating with management regarding tough issues
- Positive and patient temperament with proven success in the ability to teach others and to iteratively implement better processes
- Thoughtful, adaptable, practical, and able to focus on details in a fast-paced environment
- A strong team player who can work well with cross-functional business colleagues
- Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Utah based position
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Prog Leasing, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit-challenged consumers. Over the last 19+ years, Progressive Leasing’s fair and transparent NO CREDIT NEEDED lease-to-own option has helped millions of customers and their families, even if they have less-than-perfect credit or an inability to pay for their purchase upfront. Progressive has also helped more than 27,000 retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more athttp://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing does notdiscriminatein any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.