Data Analyst - Data Science TeamApply Now Draper, UT
At Progressive Leasing, we pride ourselves in building Data Science and Machine Learning solutions that transform the way retailers and consumers do business. We’re looking for a Data Analyst to continue strengthening that transformation.
As a Data Analyst, you will draw business insights from data through complex analysis, mining, and visualization. You will learn to understand the nuances of Progressive’s business and ensure that we capture, mine, and act on data related to our customers, our stores, and our operational and financial performance to drive business impact. You will leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems and make quantitative decisions. You’ll work with cutting edge tools and products at the intersection of technology and business, and Big Data will become a way of life for you. Most importantly, you’ll allow us to get unique and valuable insights that go beyond the obvious and help us achieve extraordinary results.
What You'll Do:
- Create interactive data visualizations that allow the business leaders to react quickly to performance and market trends and make data-driven decisions
- Build and run models to determine optimal resource allocation
- Analyze transaction patterns to prevent fraud
- Extract usable information from unstructured data using advanced data mining techniques
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) from a prestigious educational institution
- Experience with data mining and visualization tools such R, Python, Tableau, and Power BI as well as querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities
Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s Inc. [NYSE: AAN], is a steadily growing company already surpassing $1B in revenue. Our scalable customer payment software products provide lease-purchase technology solutions through 26,000+ retail locations in 45 states.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.