Data Analyst - Risk AnalyticsApply Now Draper, UT
Are you an analytics Ninja? Someone who is able to slice and dice data to see the real story? Someone that can look at big data and connect the dots to create a clear picture? If so, Progressive Leasing is interested in interviewing you for a Data Analyst position.
As a Data Analyst on the Risk Analytics team, your primary responsibility will be to draw business insights from data through complex analysis, mining, and visualization. You will learn to understand the nuances of Progressive’s business and ensure that we capture, mine, and act on data related to our customers, our stores, and our operational and financial performance to drive business impact. You will leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems and make quantitative decisions. You’ll work with cutting edge tools and products and Big Data will become a way of life for you. You will be asked to solve complex problems which will require creativity and persistence. Most importantly, you’ll allow us to get unique and valuable insights that go beyond the obvious and help us achieve extraordinary results.
What You'll Do:
- Build and implement models to detect operation inefficiencies and customer risk associated with fraudulent activity, specifically as it relates to e-commerce
- Participate in collaborative efforts to implement operational procedures to limit risk associated with fraud exposure
- Create interactive data visualizations that allow the business leaders to react quickly to performance and market trends and make data-driven decisions
- Analyze transaction patterns to detect, prevent, and monitor fraudulent activity
- Extract usable information from unstructured data using advanced data mining techniques
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) from a prestigious educational institution
- Experience with data mining and visualization tools such R, Python, Tableau, and Power BI as well as querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities
- Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s Inc. [NYSE: AAN], is a steadily growing company already surpassing $1B in revenue. Our scalable customer payment software products provide lease-purchase technology solutions through 26,000+ retail locations in 45 states.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.