Data Scientist (Remote) Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is seeking an experienced Data Scientist. As a Data Scientist, you will blend analytics, data mining, machine learning, and software engineering to build algorithms that will result in massive improvements to the way we do business. You will be responsible for developing and improving key decision systems and predictive models to drive maximum business impact.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
You will develop a profound understanding of our customers, business processes, products, and financials by studying the data that describe each of these elements of our business. You will be at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field and have the opportunity to develop your own tools and technologies as you do. Most importantly, you’ll be part of a team that forms the backbone of a fast-growing company at the forefront of an exciting, growing industry.
- Build, maintain, and improve key decision systems and predictive models that are key to Progressive Leasing’s competitive advantage
- Explore new data sources both internal and external to Progressive and use findings to further improve and optimize model performance
- Design, implement, and read in-market experiments testing new algorithms, technologies, and processes to better serve our customer and stay ahead of the competition
- Recommend and support strategic business changes through rigorous analytics, deep understanding of the business, and creative problem solving
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement emerging advanced analytics technologies and methods
- Be part of a fast-growing team of like-minded data scientists who work and play together, and who love what they do and where they do it!
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience with data exploration and machine learning tools such as those found in R or Python
- Demonstrated ability applying advanced statistical modeling techniques to solve problems
- Ability to craft rigorous research / evaluation design approaches, based upon understanding of clients' research needs
- Advanced knowledge and experience with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Understanding of modern software development and engineering practices including scrum/agile, Git, and DevOps
- Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.