Data ScientistApply Now Draper, UT
What You'll Do:
- Build, maintain, and improve key decision systems and predictive models that are key to Progressive Leasing’s competitive advantage
- Explore new data sources both internal and external to Progressive and use findings to further improve and optimize model performance
- Design, implement, and read in-market experiments testing new algorithms, technologies, and processes to better serve our customer and stay ahead of the competition
- Recommend and support strategic business changes through rigorous analytics, deep understanding of the business, and creative problem solving
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement emerging advanced analytics technologies and methods
- Be part of a collegial, fast-growing team of like-minded data scientists who work and play together, and who love what they do and where they do it!
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience with data exploration and machine learning tools such as those found in R or Python
- Demonstrated ability applying advanced statistical modeling techniques to solve problems
- Ability to craft rigorous research / evaluation design approaches, based upon understanding of clients' research needs
- Advanced knowledge and experience with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Understanding of modern software development and engineering practices including scrum/agile, Git, and DevOps
- Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s Inc. [NYSE: AAN], is a steadily growing company already surpassing $1B in revenue. Our scalable customer payment software products provide lease-purchase technology solutions through 26,000+ retail locations in 45 states.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.