Data ScientistApply Now Draper, UT
What You'll Do:
- Build, maintain, and improve key decision systems and predictive models that are key to Progressive Leasing’s competitive advantage
- Explore new data sources both internal and external to Progressive and use findings to further improve and optimize model performance
- Design, implement, and read in-market experiments testing new algorithms, technologies, and processes to better serve our customer and stay ahead of the competition
- Recommend and support strategic business changes through rigorous analytics, deep understanding of the business, and creative problem solving
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement emerging advanced analytics technologies and methods
- Be part of a collegial, fast-growing team of like-minded data scientists who work and play together, and who love what they do and where they do it!
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience with data exploration and machine learning tools such as those found in R or Python
- Demonstrated ability applying advanced statistical modeling techniques to solve problems
- Ability to craft rigorous research / evaluation design approaches, based upon understanding of clients' research needs
- Advanced knowledge and experience with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Understanding of modern software development and engineering practices including scrum/agile, Git, and DevOps
- Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Prog Leasing, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit-challenged consumers. Over the last 19+ years, Progressive Leasing’s fair and transparent NO CREDIT NEEDED lease-to-own option has helped millions of customers and their families, even if they have less-than-perfect credit or an inability to pay for their purchase upfront. Progressive has also helped more than 27,000 retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more athttp://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing does notdiscriminatein any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.