Database Engineer/DeveloperApply Now Draper, UT
As data engineers, we are the owners of our database architecture, quality, and performance. It is our responsibility to build streamlined data solutions to support our company and team. We work closely together and build relationships with each other to synchronize our efforts as a team. Our team culture is based on high ownership and genuine curiosity. We think big picture and start with “Why?” until we understand the problem we are trying to solve before diving into a solution. Ideally, we strive to automate everything working smart which provides easy-to-use solutions for our end users and customers.
What you will do:
- Be a core part of our team of data engineers
- Collaborating with fellow data engineers, take authoritative design and ownership of data projects
- Integrate with an agile scrum team consisting of software engineers, quality assurance engineers, business analysts, and all supported by a team leader
- Support the solutions we have built by participating in a weekly on-call rotation to minimize failure and provide the company with a well-oiled data machine
- Learn, build, and automate database continuous integration using SSDT and other automation tools
- Provide clear, accurate, timely, and well documented solutions to provide a consistent and reliable data service
- Closely collaborate with other business and technical team members on project work and incident resolution
- Actively participate in retrospectives to continuously nurture your skills, knowledge, talents, expertise, and passion to continuously improve yourself and the company
- Ensure our data solutions are compliant with SOX and PCI industry standards
Experience & Requirements:
- High initiative, ownership, and curiosity about everything you do
- A advanced level of knowledge and experience in T-SQL, database design, and database security
- An up to date intermediate level of knowledge and experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- An up to date intermediate level of knowledge and experience in SQL Server Integration Services
- An up to date intermediate level of knowledge and experience in SQL Server Data Tools and Database Projects
- A novice level of knowledge and experience in PowerShell
- A novice level of knowledge and experience in database performance tuning
- A novice level of knowledge and experience in C# and SQLCLR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (required)
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation with Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Prog Leasing LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit-challenged consumers. Over the last 19+ years, Progressive Leasing’s fair and transparent NO CREDIT NEEDED lease-to-own option has helped millions of customers and their families, even if they have less-than-perfect credit or an inability to pay for their purchase upfront. Progressive has also helped more than 27,000 retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more athttp://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.