Devops EngineerApply Now Draper, UT
Progressive Leasing is committed to delivering world-class technology solutions. To accomplish this, we are seeking a dynamic and passionate DevOps Engineer with a Development background to join our growing Solution and Release Engineering team. Individuals can be: Developers, who in the course of their career, become interested in deployment and network operations or System admins, who develop a passion for scripting and coding and want to move their career towards DevOps responsibilities. Our team will support the Development and Operations groups in charge of designing, building, maintaining and operating multiple software applications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with Infrastructure, Operations, QA and Development teams with improvements to Software Development Life Cycle and Continuous Integration/Deployment activities
- Provide direction, communication and coordination between the infrastructure support team and the applications development team(s) in their continuous deployment activities
- Eliminate repetitive tasks and insures the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves
- Work on integrations with third-party vendors
- Help design and build new platforms with a strong emphasis on redundancy, disaster recovery and business continuity
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required
- Experience in software development across the applications stack – particularly: Angular, C#, etc.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby or equivalent)
- Experience with Windows/Linux Administration and scripting (shell/PowerShell)
- Hands-on knowledge of build, configure, and deploy management of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.)
- Practical experience with automation/configuration management tools (Jenkins, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent)
- Familiarity with package management (nuget, npm, yarn, etc.)
- Familiarity with .NetCore
- Experience working in Agile team environment, with Agile and Scrum team concepts in practice
- Familiarity with database structures and SQL
- Practical experience with Git in controlled workflows with code review and topic branches
- Experience using cloud technologies, e.g. Azure, AWS, etc.
- Familiarity with Docer and Container Orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/Swarm)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Must have a passion for improving process, eliminating waste in workflows and enjoy the technical challenges in a fast paced, dynamic environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s Inc. [NYSE: AAN], is a steadily growing company already surpassing $1B in revenue. Our scalable customer payment software products provide lease-purchase technology solutions through 26,000+ retail locations in 45 states.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.