Intern - Data Science Draper, Utah
As a Data Science Intern, you are responsible to make sure that things happen in an efficient and timely fashion within the Data Science and Analytics department in Draper, UT. You will be responsible for managing deliverable dates, ensuring that key milestones are reported and tracked, facilitating project meetings and updates, and organizing and distributing project details to key stakeholders. You will also design and build checklists and templates for product development and deployment to accelerate our time-to-market and push defects closer and closer to zero. This position gives you the opportunity to advance on the data science and/or project management track within Progressive Leasing.
- Work hand in hand with Data Science managers and directors to deliver results
- Coordinate reporting of key performance metrics to department leadership so that they can take action to improve the business
- Work with performers to ensure that deliverable dates are understood and adhered to
- Coordinate meetings and facilitate discussions across all phases of the project life-cycle from discovery through implementation
- Ensure that project details are kept in a central location and distributed as needed to stakeholders
- Work with team to identify and implement process changes to improve efficiency
- All other duties as required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, self-direct, and be flexible within a fast-paced environment
- Strong results and action orientation
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of Agile
- Previous Product or Project management experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.