Internship - BI Data EngineerApply Now Draper, UT
As an Intern – BI Data Engineer, you will deliver data to analysts and data scientists in a usable format. You will learn to understand the nuances of Progressive Leasing’s business and ensure that we capture data related to our customers, stores, and operational/financial performance. You will leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems. Most importantly, you’ll allow us to get unique and valuable insights that go beyond the obvious and help us achieve extraordinary results.
What You'll Do:
- Optimize data stored in SQL Server and Snowflake for data scientists and analysts
- Structure data in a format that is meaningful
- Learn about data engineering techniques and industry best practices
- Extract usable information from unstructured data using data engineering techniques
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (Math, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities
- Basic knowledge of SQL syntax (simple select and inner joins)
- Preferred but not required: Experience with data mining and visualization tools (R, Python, Tableau, Power BI, etc.) or data storage technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake, AWS Redshift, etc.)
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Prog Leasing, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit-challenged consumers. Over the last 19+ years, Progressive Leasing’s fair and transparent NO CREDIT NEEDED lease-to-own option has helped millions of customers and their families, even if they have less-than-perfect credit or an inability to pay for their purchase upfront. Progressive has also helped more than 27,000 retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at http://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.