Lead Solution Architect (Remote) Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is hiring a Lead Solution Architect (Remote). Reporting to the Senior Director of Software Engineering, you will be part of the development team, and will work cross functionally with other teams at Progressive in order to achieve goals and objectives.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer and Architect to design and implement technical architecture solutions that span multiple platforms and include integration and authentication across systems; manage the development lifecycle to ensure the delivery of highly secure solutions that are optimized for performance and built to scale; articulate design considerations, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for technical architecture. This position will also be responsible to ensure consistency, scalability, stability, and robustness of recommended solutions. This role is highly technical and may include some direct management responsibilities.
This role will help architect and implement software engineering strategies, including, among other things, a consistent service-based architecture, public cloud integration, containerization, and CI/CD.
- Work closely with all IT disciplines to understand implementation requirements of strategic architecture
- Based on business needs , research possible solutions and participate in cross-functional strategic planning
- Create prototypes of solutions that are sufficient to guide strategic decisions
- Create prototypes and templates for the consumption of software engineers with a wide range of experience and expertise to help build coherent engineering practices
- Share implementation details of strategic solutions in writing (e.g. knowledge base articles) and in person (i.e. group and one-on-one training)
- Maintain a professional, optimistic, and energetic presence that instills confidence in others while engaging with them
- The candidate will be responsible for creating & delivering, in a timely and accurate fashion, workflow solutions using Salesforce REST APIs/Apex and J2EE technologies
- Collaborate with the Functional team to determine how best to implement solutions (decisions around declarative vs programmatic vs AppExchange, etc.)
- The candidate will be responsible for the application design, development and support of various technologies including but not limited to Salesforce related projects
- The candidate must demonstrate progressive leadership in the full life cycle of the software development environment
- Through the use of UML diagrams, design documentation and best-practice methodologies; will be responsible for the detailed design of Salesforce related projects from inception through production support
- Candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets defined expectations of the business unit, ensuring proper testing is implemented and performance requirements closely monitored by working with the development teams
- Integration (including a technology/not just) and data Migration
- End to End Technical Solutions
- 5+ years of experience in technology implementation for full lifecycle enterprise software projects
- 2+ years of experience creating the technical architecture for complex Salesforce implementations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years work experience). If you have an Associate’s Degree, you must have an equivalent of a minimum of 6 years work experience
- Experience in designing and developing software components and having a very strong Service Oriented Architecture and integration background
- Experience in Salesforce (SFDC) CRM with end to end implementation experience.
- com integration experience, including between different business systems as well as working with integration tools
- Strong experience with configuration, customization, programming with Salesforce REST APIs, SOQL, and implementing new connecting systems to Salesforce.com from scratch
- Strong practical deployment knowledge of VisualForce, Flex, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, AppExchange deployment, and Salesforce.com s-controls
- Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution
- Additional Salesforce.com experience includes Workflow Alerts and Actions, and Approval Workflow
- Programming experience with the following languages, J2EE, HTML XML, SQL, Oracle
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Eligibility for quarterly bonus and annual stock grant
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000 retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.