Leave of Absence Specialist Draper, Utah
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
The Leaves Specialist is responsible for the administration of all leave of absences, the ADA interactive process, and compliance of federal/state/municipality leave laws and regulations. This role will work closely with Supervisors, Managers, and our third party leave vendor to provide operational and administrative support.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all leave of absence activity under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership
- Interpret, administer and improve leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and municipality leave laws
- Works closely with 3rd party vendor to administer aspects of leave, ensuring all relevant medical documentation is submitted for timely review, maintains appropriate contact with employees on leave and coordinates all aspects of the employees return to work
- Meets regularly with HR Business Partners on all leave of absences and medical accommodations to provide updates, identify pain points, and discuss reasonable resolutions
- Process, review, and provide final determinations on medical accommodation requests supplied by healthcare providers
- Support employee understanding of leave laws and regulations as well as state disability programs
- Continually review and audit the administration of leaves by our third party vendor to ensure appropriate management, monitoring, and tracking of leave of absence requests
- Notify Benefits Administrator of coordinated leave/disability claims, parental pay eligibility, and repayment of insurance premiums while on leave of absence and/or medical accommodation
- Ensure employee data is updated timely in all systems, with security, and with 3rd party vendor to ensure accurate reporting and compliance
- Create and audit standardized reports
- Two years of related human resources experience
- Experience administering FMLA, CFRA, USERRA, medical accommodations, and pregnancy disability
- Current and working knowledge of FMLA, USERRA, GINA, and ADA laws and regulations
- Proven experience utilizing Excel, Word, and HRIS systems
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills (written & verbal) and be able to handle difficult conversations
- Must have excellent attention to detail, active listening, and critical thinking skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.