Security Engineer (Remote) Draper, Utah
The Security Engineer plays a pivotal role in the design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the security posture throughout the enterprise. The Security Engineer is a trusted advisor throughout technology and assists in providing guidance for security design and architecture. This role reports to the Senior Director of Application Security and Security Architecture.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US OR from one of our two office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
This role will help drive consultation and collaboration with teams along with identification, evaluation, and delivery of key initiatives with those teams. With experience in multiple technology platforms, the Security Engineer will evaluate solutions and designs and create design artifacts for long-term strategies.
- Collaborate with business owners, product managers, and development teams to provide subject matter expertise and analysis for information security matters
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of architectural plans, roadmaps, and designs
- Provide consultation and oversight on key initiatives and projects across the enterprise to ensure security alignment and direction
- Provide evaluation analysis and thought leadership for security platforms and products
- Maintain, and mature a holistic cybersecurity architecture for the company
- Engage with vendors, partners, and internal teams to discuss and evaluate solutions, stay abreast of emerging threats and trends, and conduct POC trials of innovative solutions
- Assist in the delivery of technology strategy set by leadership and the defining of security controls
- Analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective to identify and resolve security issues
- Advise on implementation of technical security safeguards to protect information systems from intentional (unauthorized) or accidental (inadvertent) access or destruction
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technology-related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Security Architect, Engineer, Penetration Tester, or Developer
- Relevant Security certifications (CISSP, CCSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CEH, OSCP, GXPN)
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Demonstrated knowledge of secure build and configuration standards in a highly regulated environment
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with partner engineering and architecture teams across Tech
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service
- Relevant experience in the financial servicing / processing industry
- The ability to independently manage multiple projects and requests effectively
- Vulnerability identification, including extensive OWASP knowledge, such as cross-site scripting (XSS), sessions hijacking, Injection, CSRF, and other attack vectors
- Network based, system level and application layer attacks and mitigation methods, and TCP/IP, HTTP/S, and related protocols
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation
- Eligible for Quarterly Bonus and Annual Stock Grant
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
WHO WE ARE
Prog Leasing, is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at http://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.