Security Officer Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is hiring a Security Officer in Draper, UT. This Full-Time position will be part of our Facilities organization and will be joining an awesome team of Security Officers. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the security and safety of the facilities, its staff, and visitors.
In this role you will be responsible for becoming familiar with and thoroughly knowledgeable of all site-specific policies and procedures; including emergency response protocols. You will be the first point of contact for all individuals entering the facility, therefore, a friendly, present, welcoming, customer-centric approach will be extremely vital to this position.
- Training: First two weeks of employment
- Full-Time Schedule: Monday-Friday (likely to include some weekends and holidays)
- Shift Available: 1:00PM-9:00PM (at times will be asked to cover other shifts as needed)
- Ability to handle crisis situations calmly and efficiently
- Aid customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in a vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Monitor entrances and exits (often through the use of cameras and video monitors)
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and ensure they checkout upon departure
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within company policy
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities as necessary
- Security experience a plus
- At least 21 years of age
- Demonstrated ability in operating radio and telephone equipment, CCTV systems, and Access Control Systems
- Climb stairs, ramps or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
- Demonstrated ability assessing, evaluating and identifying critical issues or situations quickly and responding effectively or escalate accordingly
- Customer service skills with the ability to interact cordially and communicate with employees, guests, and customers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills, including; Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Security License
- EMT, firefighter or other medical/first responder experience
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a results-driven, highly successful representative
- Collaborative and Committed - You have a “can do” attitude and believe that anything is possible with the right focus and the right team
- Detail Oriented - You are focused on all the small particulars on each project and constantly find ways to finish tasks efficiently.
- Team Player - You actively contribute to your coworkers, respect ideas and aim to improve the process at hand.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation + Eligible for STI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.