Senior Accounting Manager Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is a leading provider of in-store and e-commerce lease-to-own solutions. As an almost 20+ year old FinTech company that has gone from start-up to industry leader, we know how to innovate, simplify, and value all people. We are a company founded on our grit and we are constantly looking to the future. As an ever-evolving group of entrepreneurs and technologists, we strive to do the right thing period in all aspects of our work. We are a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE: PRG), an exciting FinTech holding company, with three business segments including Progressive, Vive Financial, and Four, a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) platform.
We are currently hiring a Senior Accounting Manager to help grow our company and ensure our mission is achieved!
Employee Value Proposition (EVP): PROG is dedicated to providing people with opportunity; opportunity for inclusive collaboration, opportunity for innovation, and opportunity for development.
WE ARE: A team of accounting experts focused on recording, monitoring, and reporting on Progressive Leasing’s financial wellness. Progressive Leasing is known for the high-quality assistance that we provide, and we love to continuously pursue excellence and compassion in all that we do! We are dedicated to creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity in our teams and celebrate each individual contributions and uniqueness.
YOU ARE: A highly motivated accounting leader with extensive experience understanding and applying accounting principles, experience leading and managing successful teams, exceptional interpersonal & communications skills, and a strong sense of ownership and pride over your area of responsibility.
- Lead a team of 10+ professionals, which includes 3+ direct reports
- Mentor and develop teams that oversee lease revenue, lease receivable and treasury/funding
- Lead the month-end close process for leasing-related GL activity in accordance with internal deadlines
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to maintain and enhance the company’s revenue recognition module
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting on the accuracy of revenue data, which will include reasonableness tests and exhaustive analysis of outliers, as well as reconciliations to related data sources
- Review and post accounting entries prepared by team members
- Oversee account analysis and reconciliation of revenue, lease receivable and other leasing-related balances and entries
- Plan, direct and coordinate special revenue analysis projects
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP
- Adhere to SOX controls and compliance
- Evaluate current lease revenue accounting procedures for continuous process improvement opportunities and lead the implementation of agreed-upon improvements
- Serve as the key contact to external auditors for requests and audit procedures related to lease revenue accounting
- Lead certain ad hoc projects related to potential acquisitions, such as integration of accounting ledgers
- Serve on the Company’s disclosure committee and assist in the review of certain Progressive Leasing financial measures in the Company’s 10-K/10-Q’s for disclosure accuracy and completeness
- Assist FP&A with the forecasting of certain Progressive Leasing financial metrics
- Assist with the accounting close and reporting of other PROG Holdings businesses, as needed
- Master’s degree in Accounting and CPA preferred
- GAAP expertise and prior demonstrated ability to conduct research when required
- 8+ years’ experience in a relevant accounting role, including public accounting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing and leading teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage the team’s monthly close procedures within tight internal deadlines
- Ability to understand complex lease accounting concepts and effectively educate team members
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting topics to Company executives
- Experience with SQL and ERP system preferred
- Strong work ethic, schedule flexibility and availability, and adaptability
- Ability to efficiently manage several tasks and competing priorities
- A solid relationship builder, attention to detail, and ability to follow processes
- Aptitude for understand data flows and related accounting/financial statement implications
- Ability to identify issues, conduct research, analyze data and propose solutions
- Tech savvy with strong problem-solving analytics and cross-functional collaborative skills
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus Potential + LTI Incentives
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.