Senior Data Analyst - Data Science (Remote) Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is a leading provider of in-store and e-commerce lease-to-own solutions. As an almost 20+ year old FinTech company that has gone from start-up to industry leader, we know how to innovate, simplify, and value all people. We are a company founded on our grit and we are constantly looking to the future. As an ever-evolving group of entrepreneurs and technologists, we strive to do the right thing period in all aspects of our work. We are a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE:PRG), an exciting FinTech holding company, with three business segments including Progressive, Vive Financial, and Four, a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) platform.
We are currently hiring a Senior Data Analyst – Data Science to help grow our company and ensure our mission is achieved!
This role is a work from home position and can be performed remotely anywhere in the continental US or in one of our corporate locations in Utah or Arizona.
WE ARE:A team of hungry entrepreneurs with big dreams, gritty FinTech experts, passionate about disrupting big markets, joined on a mission to modernize and accelerate our technical environment. We like to move quickly, break things, make mistakes, and get better every day, as long as we are continuously delivering.
YOU ARE: A driven analytics professional. As a Data Analyst, you will draw business insights from data through complex analysis, mining, and visualization. You will learn to understand the nuances of Progressive’s business and ensure that we capture, mine, and act on data related to our customers, our stores, and our operational and financial performance to drive business impact. You will leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems and make quantitative decisions. You’ll work with cutting edge tools and products at the intersection of technology and business, and Big Data will become a way of life for you. Most importantly, you’ll allow us to get unique and valuable insights that go beyond the obvious and help us achieve extraordinary results.
- Create interactive data visualizations that allow the business leaders to react quickly to performance and market trends and make data-driven decisions
- Build and run models to determine optimal resource allocation
- Analyze transaction patterns to prevent fraud
- Extract usable information from unstructured data using advanced data mining techniques
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience or outstanding academic record
- Experience with data mining and visualization tools such R, Python, Tableau, or Power BI as well as querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities
- Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
- Ability to travel ~10% of the time if needed
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunity to advance on the data science and/or leadership track
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Employee Resource Groups (Black Inclusion Group, Women in Leadership, PRIDE, Adelante)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.