Progressive Leasing is a leading provider of in-store and e-commerce lease-to-own solutions. As an almost 20+ year old FinTech company that has gone from start-up to industry leader, we know how to innovate, simplify, and value all people. We are a company founded on our grit and we are constantly looking to the future. As an ever-evolving group of entrepreneurs and technologists, we strive to do the right thing period in all aspects of our work. We are a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE:PRG), an exciting FinTech holding company, with three business segments including Progressive, Vive Financial, and Four, a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) platform.
We are currently hiring a Sr. Data Platforms Engineer to help grow our company and ensure our mission is achieved!
This role is a work from home position and can be performed remotely anywhere in the continental US or in one of our corporate locations in Utah or Arizona.
WE ARE: Prog Tech – Data Platforms embodies the modernity and transformational vision that is core to our business evolution. As passionate and hungry technical experts, we progress through technology. We take pride in our engineering, daily progress, and bringing others along as we improve. We experiment, fail fast, and drive to delivery.
YOU ARE: An engineer excited to develop your leadership skills. We have a great team of engineers building Progressive’s next-generation data platforms. You are motivated by challenges and thrive with continuous innovation.
- Coach and develop fellow team members
- Work with engineers and leaders to promote a shared vision of our data platform & architecture
- Track operating metrics for our data platforms, driving improvements and making trade-offs among competing constraints. We use Snowflake, Databricks, AWS RDS, Rabbit MQ, AWS managed messaging/eventing system, Redis, and SQL Server to name a few of our platforms
- Be a strategic player in designing enterprise-wide data infrastructure
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Build out frameworks for data ingestion pipelines and their testing suite
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Conduct deep-dives on product design and architecture, in collaboration with various engineering teams
- Used multiple data platforms and can define which is optimal for a given scenario (such as document databases, RDBMS, caching, eventing, etc.)
- Understand how to fully automate systems using infrastructure/configuration as code technologies (we use Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Proven ability to mentor and coach engineers (as a peer or a manager)
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, while having the ability to dig into technical details to inform decisions
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Ability to clearly articulate complex subjects to leadership and others not familiar with this space
- Experience with code-based data pipeline design using Python, Scala, or a similar language
- A self-starter mindset to proactively take ownership and execute work without daily oversight
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Employee Resource Groups (Black Inclusion Group, Women in Leadership, PRIDE, Adelante)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.