Senior Information Security Engineer (Remote) Draper, Utah
The Senior Information Security Engineer (Remote) provides consulting and guidance on enterprise-wide security operations, solutions, and architecture internally during the lifecycle of IT systems for the purpose of threat and vulnerability management. This role will be focused on the implementation, support, and design of our security operations and technology as it pertains to assessments, network infrastructure, system monitoring, PCI DSS compliance, and regulatory compliance. Documentation, technical leadership and knowledge transfer are key components of this role.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
- Assist in the specification, design, implementation, and documentation of security solutions
- Analyze and correlate security logs generated by IDS/IPS systems, firewalls, network flow/packet capture systems, malware/antivirus systems, and other security logging sources
- Perform security analysis utilizing SIEM technologies
- Provide support for Security Operations and Incident Response
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to ensure the successful remediation of identified security weaknesses
- Assist with Information Security program development, creating procedures that align to security policies, standards, guidelines, etc.
- 5+ years' experience in information security engineering and technology operations
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI model, DNS, HTTP, VPN, routing & switching, and load balancer technologies for virtual and physical networks
- Solid understanding of common security threats, attack vectors, vulnerabilities, exploits and defense in depth strategies
- Operational experience with security logging, event correlation, and SIEM technologies
- Knowledge of endpoint security technologies, e.g., antivirus, HIPS, FIM, etc.
- Basic understanding of configuration management tools
- Operational experience configuring and managing virtual and cloud-based environments
- Knowledge of penetration testing methodologies and practices
- Experience with forensic practices and chain of custody processes
- Knowledge of NIST-CSF, OWASP, MITRE ATT&CK, and CIS Critical Security Controls
- Working knowledge of ITIL including incident, problem, and change management
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
- Information security industry recognized certification is a strong plus (GSEC, CISSP, CEH, GCIH, etc.)
- Curious, inquisitive, innovative, lifelong learner and self-starter
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Clear on responsibilities yet flexible and willing to “carry water” during times of ambiguity
- Able to effectively give, receive, and respond to feedback
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to effectively meet deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.