Senior Manager Data ScienceApply Now Draper, UT
At Progressive Leasing, we pride ourselves in building Data Science and Machine Learning solutions that transform the way retailers and consumers do business. We’re looking for a Data Science Senior Manager to continue strengthening that transformation.
As a Senior Manager, Data Science, you will blend analytics, data mining, machine learning, and software engineering to build algorithms that will result in massive improvements to the way we do business. You will be responsible for leading teams to develop and improve key decision systems and predictive models to drive maximum business impact. You will develop a profound understanding of our customers, business processes, products, and financials by studying the data that describe each of these elements of our business. You will be at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field and have the opportunity to develop your own tools and technologies as you do. You will coach and mentor junior members of the team to help them develop into successful and effective Data Scientists. Most importantly, you’ll be part of a team that forms the backbone of a fast-growing company at the forefront of an exciting, growing industry.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to deliver innovative enhancements to a portfolio of products with high impact to the company’s financial success
- Drive process improvement and organizational change across all phases of the Data Science product delivery process and lifecycle
- Build, maintain, and improve key decision systems and predictive models that are key to Progressive Leasing’s competitive advantage
- Explore new data sources both internal and external to Progressive and use findings to further improve and optimize model performance
- Design, implement, and read in-market experiments testing new algorithms, technologies, and processes to better serve our customer and stay ahead of the competition
- Recommend and support strategic business changes through rigorous analytics, deep understanding of the business, and creative problem solving
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement emerging advanced analytics technologies and methods
- Be part of a collegial, fast-growing team of like-minded data scientists who work and play together, and who love what they do and where they do it!
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in managing a team of Data Scientists, Data Analysts, or other similarly quantitatively focused discipline
- 5+ years work experience with data exploration and machine learning tools such as those found in R or Python
- 5+ years work experience applying advanced statistical modeling techniques to solve problems
- Ability to craft rigorous research / evaluation design approaches, based upon understanding of clients' research needs
- Understanding of modern software development and engineering practices including scrum/agile, Git, and DevOps
- Track record of achieving business results through creative problem solving and careful implementation
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s Inc. [NYSE: AAN], is a steadily growing company already surpassing $1B in revenue. Our scalable customer payment software products provide lease-purchase technology solutions through 26,000+ retail locations in 45 states.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.