Senior Quality Assurance EngineerApply Now Draper, UT
At Progressive Leasing, we pride ourselves in providing a product that is transforming the way retailers do business, and we’re looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to continue and strengthen that transformation. The Quality Engineer is an advocate for quality software for the organization. You will be responsible for designing, creating, implementing, and maintaining test plans, test cases and test automation for the agile development team, which you support. You will support the back-end service and API development organization by developing reusable and precise test specification cases, processes, and standards. You will also be responsible for developing and executing manual and automated tests, investigate and assist in problem analysis, as well as resolution of delivered software components.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute automated tests, and manual test cases and investigate and assist in problem analysis, as well as the resolution of delivered software components
- Identify, evaluate and recommend QA process and activities supporting software engineering in an agile, scrum team environment
- Participate in the design and development of a common, scalable, reusable, easy-to-maintain and effective testing automation and execution framework
- Contribute to the adoption and success of continuous integration and unit testing practices with the software engineers on your delivery team
- Execute QA processes and maintain an exceptional level of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness in the deliverables of each product sprint
- Embrace a culture of accountability for ensuring the system has minimal defects and adheres to company standards; including tracking test coverage and performance, while investigating and understanding production defect patterns
- Perform all aspects of quality assurance during the sprint cycles
- Define and document test cases based from user stories in a centralized repository
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual and automated functional, integration, and regression tests
- Perform occasional late-night production deployment validations
- Maintain a professional, optimistic and energetic presence
- Clearly and effectively communicate, while contributing to an environment focused on cooperation, collaboration, and conflict resolution
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with ensuring Quality in a software delivery environment
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance (manual and automation testing required)
- 5+ years of experience working with business leaders, customers and end users on a daily/weekly basis
- 5+ years of experience with one or more test case management, bug tracking and test automation tools required (i.e. JIRA, TestLink, Bonfire, Zypher, Test Director, Quality Center 9, Mercury WinRunner, Workspace, Selenium, IBM Rational or similar)
- Hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including consuming and understating requirements in an agile environment, business analysis, database development, quality engineering, business process development and refinement, and process mapping
- Direct experience as a software QA advocate and advisor to the product development team
- Familiarity with methodologies like Agile or Scrum
- Strong personal commitment to quality
- Knowledge of Unit testing and Continuous Integration is strongly desired
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server environment, T-SQL and Database Development tools and concepts
- Experience with API testing with one or more tools (Postman, SoapUI Pro, or some equivalent service layer testing tool)
- Experience with UI automation tools like SmartBear TestComplete, Selenium, etc.
- Experience with service virtualization tools like SmartBear Virt Server, Service V is not required but desired.
- Exceptional English language communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a proactive bias and optimistic outlook
- Superior organizational skills, self-driven with attention to detail and follow-through on tasks
- Creativity combined with innovation and constantly looking for ways to win
- Commitment to collaboration with a “can do” attitude and belief that anything is possible with the right focus and the right team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation with Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Prog Leasing, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit-challenged consumers. Over the last 19+ years, Progressive Leasing’s fair and transparent NO CREDIT NEEDED lease-to-own option has helped millions of customers and their families, even if they have less-than-perfect credit or an inability to pay for their purchase upfront. Progressive has also helped more than 27,000 retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more athttp://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing does notdiscriminatein any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.