Senior Software Engineer - Database (Remote) Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is hiring a Senior Software Engineer(Remote). Reporting to the Director, Software Engineering, you will be part of the development team, and will work cross functionally with other teams at Progressive in order to achieve goals and objectives.
We are looking for an engineer who is committed to creating high-quality, stable, and fluid solutions that will be consumed by other engineering and infrastructure teams. We are rapidly implementing new projects taking a modern, micro-frontend and micro-services approach using Angular, .NET, .NET Core, Redis, RabbitMQ and SQL Server.
We have established a friendly and collaborative development environment where all contributions are valued and rewarded. Innovation and creativity are of paramount importance, in order to take our platforms to the next level. If you want to help refine processes and technologies that will reinvent technology in a constructive and collaborative environment, this is the place for you!
- Individual technical contributor, an active participant in all facets of the software development lifecycle including: discovery, grooming, running stories, writing code, writing unit, functional and integration tests (including Security testing), performing code reviews on all pull requests for teams within their group
- An active participant and contributor in discovery activities when consulted by Engineering team members
- Contributes to enterprise software engineering strategies, including, among other things, a consistent service-based architecture, public cloud integration, containerization, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD, DevOps)
- Ensuring that organizational engineering standards, collaboration, operational practices, architectural principles and practices are upheld and understood by team members
- Supporting continuous improvement of the team’s software engineering craftsmanship
- Helping to facilitate and mentor software engineers within their discipline to ensure they are adhering to best practices and software engineer responsibilities
- Maintain the integrity and efficiency of software engineering processes
- All other duties as required
- 10+ years of experience in database design, development and support using multiple Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, MySql)
- 7+ years of experience in software development projects as an individual contributor and technical lead using current Microsoft .NET technologies and services
- Hands-on experience in a multiple technical disciplines including agile development, business analysis, software engineering, database design, enterprise software architecture, technology leadership, and software quality assurance
- Skill IQ score of Expert in SQL Server and proficient in at least one other RDBMS and Microsoft .NET Core.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent documented experience is required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing(NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more atProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.