Senior Software Engineer - DevOps (Remote) Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is hiring a Senior Software Engineer(Remote). Reporting to the Senior Director, Software Engineering, you will be part of the development team, and will work cross functionally with other teams at Progressive in order to achieve goals and objectives.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
Progressive Leasing is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team, and need someone who is committed to creating high-quality, stable, and fluid solutions that will be consumed by other engineering and infrastructure teams. We are rapidly implementing new projects taking a modern, full stack approach using Angular, ServiceStack with .NET and .NET Core. We’ve established a friendly and collaborative development environment where all contributions are valued and rewarded. Innovation and creativity are of paramount importance, in order to take our platforms to the next level. If you want to help refine processes and technologies that will reinvent technology in a constructive and collaborative environment, this is the place for you!
- You will play a very active role in the design and decision making for our applications, platforms and architecture. Progressive respects new ideas and innovation and we are empowered to run with ideas
- Every engineer plays a part in the development and evolution of our technology roadmap and we get to try out a lot of new and exciting emerging technologies as well as contribute to product evaluations as we select new tools and build software to deploy in our environments
- Collaborate and participate in pair programming; we all work on problems together
- Advise and support engineering teams during the implementation and enhancement of our team's software
- 5+ years of position-appropriate experience in software development across the applications stack (particularly C#) in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years experience with .Net Core
- 2+ years of unconditional love for test-driven development, unit testing, integration testing and keeping all of the lights green
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps environment using automated build and deployment tools (Circle CI, Jenkins, ArgoCD, Octopus, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with package management (npm, yarn, nuget, etc.)
- Experience implementing and integrating Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) such as Okta, Auth0, etc.
- Broad experience across technologies, stacks, and programming languages
- Passion for modern software architecture and open to new technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies as part of a scrum team
- Familiarity with containers (Docker, Hyper-V, etc.) and container management (Kubernetes, Istio, Nginx ingress controller, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, tooling and best practices (Amazon AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Familiarity with database structures and SQL
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture, APIs, JSON marshalling, etc. (ServiceStack especially desirable)
- Familiarity with dependency injection
- Familiarity with Git in controlled workflows with code review and topic branches
- Microservice architecture orchestration
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- UX skills and a good sense for visual and interaction design is a plus
- Background in financial services software is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.