Senior SQL Database AdministratorApply Now Draper, UT
The Senior SQL Database Administrator reports to the Director, Data Services. The DBA is directly involved in the execution of tactical and strategic data-related projects, resolution of production issues, and the implementation, support and maintenance of the overall data services infrastructure and services. They also uphold or exceed uptime SLAs, maintain asset tracking, service quality, client satisfaction, and partner relationships. SQL Server 90% & MySQL 10%.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform database server installations, database administration, maintenance, performance monitoring and SQL tuning activities, and disaster recovery planning, documentation and testing.
- Help establish standards and best practices for database design; consult with development and quality assurance on compliance for database design best practices.
- Work with product development/Infrastructure teams to streamline product implementations, design and processes.
- Provide off hours support, as needed, to support product enhancements, data uploads and technical issues.
- Support data migration projects, conversions and product upgrades.
- Discover automation opportunities to replace manual processes.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019 experience
- 2+ years of MySQL, MariaDB, NoSQL or similar
- Experience with Always-on (with R/W split) and TSQL/PowerShell is a must
- Technical experience working with relational databases, techniques, de-normalized data structures, and ad hoc query/reporting
- Idera or other monitoring software, database monitoring scripts, SQL trace, load balancers, and caching servers
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2 and 2016
- Hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including, but not limited to; 24x7x365 enterprise and cloud database infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, big data, data warehousing, business intelligence, predictive analytics, database design, database tuning, application optimization, application design, resource provisioning, virtual computing and storage, enterprise data storage and backup, service delivery, service level agreements, incident tracking, change management, and general database administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program + Free Counseling Services
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
Prog Leasing, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20 years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit get the things they need with ease. Progressive also helps more than 30,000retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more athttp://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.