Senior UX Designer - Design SystemApply Now Draper, UT
The Design Team at Progressive Leasing is seeking a Senior Product Designer to work on our Design System team, aka GRIT.
As a member of GRIT, you’ll be at the forefront of bringing consistency, simplicity, and delight to our customers as they experience our products. You will be working with a team of designers to help shape the identity of our product, create design patterns and design guidelines for our team.
What You'll Do:
- Actively involved in defining and executing on strategy for the system, as well as helping set the roadmap
- Facilitate and evolve the look and feel of GRIT’s design language
- Identify core UX, visual, interaction, and motion patterns
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilize the design system
- Partner with our Brand/Marketing team to build a consistent experience across the entire customer journey
- Partner with our engineers throughout the delivery phase to ensure that we bring high-quality experiences to our customers
- Discover the unmet needs of our customers and our Product & Engineering partners – and identify opportunities to make GRIT more usable
- Help shape the design culture at Progressive Leasing
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- You have a strong understanding of motion/interaction design, visual design, and user experience
- You think in systems and have experience designing with atomic design principles
- You understand the impact of making design decisions and how they can affect experiences globally
- You take initiative and can work independently and also value collaborating in groups
- You care about the smallest of details within an interaction and understand the importance of documentation
- You don’t view using spacing grids, visual patterns, and delivering pixel-perfect UI as a chore
- You love tools, but you don’t talk about it ad nauseam
- Must have experience designing high-quality interfaces across web and mobile platforms (2-4 years)
- Must have experience crafting, implementing and evolving a design system (1-2 years)
- Must have a strong understanding of creating meaningful motion in user interfaces
- Must be able to articulate and defend ideas to key partners such as Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Must be able to produce visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Must be able to produce motion spec prototypes with tools like After Effects, InVision Studio, Framer, or Principle
- Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Custom websites, Dribbble accounts, Behance, etc. are all acceptable
About the Design Org:
- The Design Team at Progressive Leasing thrives under the mindset of transparency and collaboration. We work hard to positively impact the business goals of the products we work on; to improve experiences for our customers and merchant partners; and to inspire everyone around us to think big.
- Each member of the team has contributed to our ability to implement industry-leading design practices/processes such as:
- Hypothesis-driven Design & Discovery Process
- Systematic Quantitative Evaluation of the impact Design has on the business objectives.
- A dedicated Design Systems team comprised of Product Designers & Front-end Engineers working to provide convenient, centralized, access to global experiences
- You will work in a Triad alongside a Product Manager and Engineering Lead to create and ship best-in-class experiences for our customers. You will work with those partners to set quarterly OKR’s, identify opportunities to innovate, and ideate on your ideas until you find a solution that will best meet the needs of the problem you’re solving for.
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation with Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Prog Leasing, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit-challenged consumers. Over the last 19+ years, Progressive Leasing’s fair and transparent NO CREDIT NEEDED lease-to-own option has helped millions of customers and their families, even if they have less-than-perfect credit or an inability to pay for their purchase upfront. Progressive has also helped more than 27,000 retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more athttp://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing does notdiscriminatein any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.