Software Engineer (Remote) Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is seeking a remote Software Engineer. Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering for the Application and Risk Domain, you will be part of the development team, and will work cross functionally with other teams at Progressive in order to achieve goals and objectives.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
We’re looking for an engineer who is committed to creating high-quality, stable, and fluid solutions that will be consumed by other engineering and infrastructure teams. We are rapidly implementing new projects, taking a modern, micro-services approach using .NET, .NET Core, Python, Redis, RabbitMQ and SQL Server.
We’ve established a friendly and collaborative development environment where all contributions are valued and rewarded. Innovation and creativity are of paramount importance to take our platforms to the next level. If you want to help refine processes and technologies that will reinvent technology in a constructive and collaborative environment, this is the place for you!
- Play a critical lead role in the design and decision making for our applications. Progressive empowers our engineers to run with ideas
- Ability to operate in a hybrid environment, including on-prem, and multi-cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Collaborate and participate in developing solutions together in cross-discipline teams
- Actively participate in code reviews with an eye towards best practices and software craftsmanship
- Be mentored by more senior engineers
- Every engineer plays a part in the development and evolution of our technology roadmap and we get to try out a lot of new and exciting emerging technologies as well as contribute to product evaluations as we select new software to deploy in our environments
- Demonstrate a high-sense of ownership and accountability for work produced
- Ability to contribute to team success, as well as your own individual success
- Work closely and support our Data Science Team
- 2+ years of technical experience in software development, preferably in an enterprise environment
- 2+ Software development with .Net Core, C#, Nodejs, Typescript, and Python
- 2+ years of experience using tools like JIRA, BitBucket and Jenkins or CircleCI
- 1+ years of recent development experience with service-oriented and event-based architectures using Domain Driven Design to construct RESTful micro-services and solution orchestration
- Experience with cloud environments like Azure, AWS and GCP
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Experience with application end-to-end test automation using frameworks like REST Assured and Selenium is a plus
- Background in financial services software is a plus
- Experience with a variety of technologies, stacks, and programming languages
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.