Solution ArchitectApply Now Draper, UT
The Software Architect (SA) is a position on the IT team reporting to the Enterprise Architect. The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible to ensure consistency, scalability, stability, and robustness in the technical DNA of the enterprise. They oversee a virtual team of subject matter experts from all disciplines in technology, including, but not limited to databases, analytics, software engineering, infrastructure, and security. The Software Architect role is highly technical with no direct management responsibilities. An SA will support the EA’s objectives by focusing on two areas: First, the SA will help architect enterprise software engineering strategy, including, among other things, a consistent service-based architecture, public cloud integration, containerization, and CI/CD. Second, the SA will be expected to support the continuing improvement of the department’s software engineering craftsmanship, which will include helping to develop consistent practices and disseminating knowledge in writing and in person. The SA will interact with every IT unit, directors, senior directors, and C-level leadership. The Software Architect will need to work in Utah due to the high-touch nature of their responsibilities.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with all IT disciplines to understand implementation requirements of strategic architecture
- Based on business needs and direction from the EA, research possible solutions and participate in cross-functional strategic planning
- Create prototypes of solutions that are sufficient to guide strategic decisions
- Create prototypes and templates for the consumption of software engineers with a wide range of experience and expertise to help build coherent engineering practices
- Share implementation details of strategic solutions in writing (e.g. knowledge base articles) and in person (i.e. group and one-on-one training)
- Maintain a professional, optimistic, and energetic presence that instills confidence in others while engaging with them
- All other duties as required
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a working knowledge of current topics in software architecture, e.g. evolutionary architecture, autonomous domains, domain driven design, service-based architectures, service mesh, containerization, test automation, end-to-end testing, CI/CD, etc.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their passion for learning about software architecture by being familiar with the works of some of the following: Sam Newman, Mark Richards, Neal Ford, Rebecca Parsons, Martin Fowler, Scott Millet, Nick Tune, Eric Evans, Jonas Bonér, Matt Stine, Dean Wampler, Chris Richardson.
- The successful candidate must be able to research complicated, complex problems and offer coherent and relevant solutions quickly.
- The candidate must be able to think in terms of cause and effect, with the ability to identify the root cause of a problem, establishing focus for the solution.
- They must possess a dynamic communication and presentation style, appealing to a wide spectrum of personalities.
- Ten or more years of professional, hands-on experience in a combination of software engineering and solution architecture of complex or enterprise systems
- Two or more years of professional training experience
- Four or more years of experience engineering delivery processes such as Scrum or Kanban
- Demonstrated solid understanding of scalable technology architectures
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced, public-company environment
- Industry certifications will be considered.
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation with Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Prog Leasing LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s, Inc (NYSE: AAN), is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit-challenged consumers. Over the last 19+ years, Progressive Leasing’s fair and transparent NO CREDIT NEEDED lease-to-own option has helped millions of customers and their families, even if they have less-than-perfect credit or an inability to pay for their purchase upfront. Progressive has also helped more than 27,000 retail stores drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more athttp://www.progleasing.com.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.