SQL Database Engineer/DeveloperApply Now Draper, UT
We’re looking for a SQL Database Engineer/Developer in our Draper, Utah location.
This Engineer will report to the Senior Director, Data Services and be directly involved in the execution of tactical and strategic data-related projects, resolution of production issues, implementation, support and maintenance of the overall data services infrastructure.
What You'll Do:
- Play a part in the development and evolution of our technology roadmap and we get to try a lot of new and exciting emerging technologies. Contribute to product evaluations as we select new software to deploy in our environments
- You will uphold or exceed uptime service level agreements, maintain asset tracking, service quality, client satisfaction, and partner relationships
- You’ll feel a sense of pride when you quickly discover that your ideas will be respected by your peers and business leasers
- Build, manage, maintain, and optimize the data infrastructure of Progressive Leasing
- Create, maintain, practice, and improve the operational, incident, and change management procedures set forth by the IT leadership and fellow team members
- Meet or exceed service level goals set by the leadership team and fellow team members with a professional level of quality
- Ensure the appropriate level of system and service monitoring and instrumentation is in place at all times
- Ensure the appropriate level of system and service alerting is in place at all times
- Provide clear, accurate, timely, and 100% transparency to the status of service related efforts, issues, upgrades, etc.
- Collaborate with other business and technical team members on project work and incident resolution
- Play the appropriate role and actively participate in retrospectives
- Continuously nurture your skills, knowledge, talents, expertise, passion, and will to exceed the needs of team and company
- Participate in an on-call rotation for incident resolution
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including, but not limited to; 24 x 7 x 365 enterprise and cloud database infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, big data, data warehousing, business intelligence, predictive analytics, database design, database tuning, application optimization, application design, resource provisioning, virtual computing and storage, enterprise data storage and backup, service delivery, service level agreements, incident tracking, change management, and general database administration
- Three or more years’ experience with enterprise data warehouses, business intelligence, and MDM
- Knowledge and familiarity with concepts in predictive analytics
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition
- Expert level knowledge of SQL administration, engineering, and monitoring tools
- Expert level knowledge of designing, constructing, administering, and maintaining data warehouses
- Expert level experience with databases in excess of 1 TB
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (required)
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation with Monthly Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k, Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Service Gym, Game and Lounge Area, Basketball Court
- Free Healthy Snacks and Refreshments
- Subsidized Public Transit
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
WHO IS PROGRESSIVE LEASING?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Leasing, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aaron’s Inc. [NYSE: AAN], is a steadily growing company, already surpassing $1B in revenue. Our scalable customer payment software products provides lease-purchase technology solutions through 16,000+ retail locations in 46 states.
Progressive Leasing does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test