Staff Accountant Draper, Utah
Progressive Leasing is a leading provider of in-store and e-commerce lease-to-own solutions. As an almost 20+ year old FinTech company that has gone from start-up to industry leader, we know how to innovate, simplify, and value all people. We are a company founded on our grit and we are constantly looking to the future. As an ever-evolving group of entrepreneurs and technologists, we strive to do the right thing period in all aspects of our work. We are a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE:PRG), an exciting FinTech holding company, with three business segments including Progressive, Vive Financial, and Four, a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) platform.
We are currently hiring a Staff Accountant to help grow our company and ensure our mission is achieved!
WE ARE: A team of accounting experts and professionals playing a critical role in the protection of the financial interests of Progressive Leasing. Progressive Leasing is known for the high-quality assistance that we provide, and we love to continuously pursue excellence and compassion in all that we do! We are dedicated to creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity in our teams.
YOU ARE: Responsible to assist our accounting team. As a successful candidate for this role, you will record journal entries for various tax accruals, perform reconciliations, have a strong attention to detail and a working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures. You will also be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and performing other financial activities within our organization.
- Research and compile data related to taxes
- Create journal entries
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly close processes
- Adhere to SOX controls and compliance
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Account reconciliation experience
- Accounting system experience
- Accurate data entry skills
- Intermediate Excel skills (experience using advanced functions, PivotTables, etc.)
- Ability to independently identify issues, conduct research and propose solutions
- Self-driven with superior organizational skills, focus, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Motivated and understand the impact of a results-driven, highly successful team
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.