Principal Engineer - Tech Lead (Four) (Remote) Miami, Florida
Four, a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE:PRG), is a Consumer Payments and Credit startup founded by passionate entrepreneurs with strong finance and tech backgrounds. After launching our product, onboarding thousands of online retailers and growing our customer base to hundreds of thousands and we’re hitting 2022 with a bang. We’re actively growing our team and opening various internal departments.
We are currently hiring a Principal Software Engineer - Tech Lead (Remote) to help grow our company and ensure our mission is achieved!
WE ARE: a team of hungry entrepreneurs with big dreams, gritty fintech experts, passionate about disrupting big markets, joined on a mission to bring cutting-edge alternative credit products and new ways to look at how they are underwritten and delivered to the next generation of consumers who are losing interest in traditional credit. We like to move quickly, break things, make mistakes and get better everyday as long as we are continuously delivering.
YOU ARE: A highly-skilled software engineer and adept leader that will serve as the primary hands-on, full stack technical resource at Four and act as our Technical Lead. You will evaluate emerging technologies and provide recommendations on their aptness for specific software development use cases. We are targeting a “leader and a doer” - someone who will be able to operate at an advanced level as a team lead and as a principal engineer. Our technical environment includes NodeJS (14+), Angular (12+), MongoDB, and Ionic.
- Embrace our mission of improving the lives of consumers through beautiful, intuitive product design
- Demonstrate exceptional productivity and operate at a brisk operational cadence
- Exhibit creativity and problem-solving skills
- Make data-driven decisions
- Believe in failing fast
- 10+ years of professional, leading software development projects as an individual contributor and technical lead
- 10+ years of experience in database design and security
- 5+ years hands-on experience with modern front-end technologies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
ABOUT FOUR TECHNOLOGIES
Four Technologies, a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE: PRG), is a Miami, Florida-based financial technology company founded in 2018 that provides consumers with Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) solutions. Its innovative platform, Four, allows retailers to provide greater payment flexibility to shoppers through the option to pay for merchandise through four interest-free installments, while enhancing the retailers’ revenues through increased transaction volume and ticket size. More information on Four can be found on the company’s website,https://paywithfour.com.
Four welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Four does business.
This posting is for Four Technologies, a recent subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE: PRG). Applying to this posting means that you are expressing interest in a position at Four Technologies.